I don’t blame you. I mean, who could? MOVE is awesome! I’m crazy pumped that you want to go! Here’s the thing (promise me you won’t freak out) this is an expensive trip… ummm…like $400. But that’s ok! What the!? I said don’t freak out! Because you’re going on this trip. All you need is a little can-do attitude and a sponge. Ok, maybe that’s not ALL you need, but you’re still going on the trip. Of this you can be sure. Here’s how we’re going to make that happen:
On Saturday, May 8th, we’re going to have a car wash. But not just any car wash, a free car wash. “But, how are we going to raise funds if it’s a FREE car wash?” Glad you asked, but don’t interrupt. This is going to be a sponsor driven car wash. IN other words, we’re setting our goal at washing 100 cars and your job before then is to get people to sponsor you. They can sponsor you a specific dollar amount per car, or they may want to just sponsor you a overall dollar amount for the event. That said, you get a few sponsors a ten bucks for the event, a couple at five, and a few more for twenty, and you’re well on your way. This will work as well as you allow it to work. I’ve seen people raise all $400 toward a CIY trip through a fund raiser exactly like this. So get to work! If you need more sponsor sheets (and I hope you do) just come by and pick some up.
Why is this trip so expensive? A few reasons:
- It’s in Durango Colorado. We’ll be staying at Ft Lewis College.
- We have to charter a bus to get there…they’re not cheap
- We have added a few days onto the trip so that we can get there early and hang out for a couple of days.
- It’s awesome.
Here are some important things:
- To assure your spot on the trip I must receive a $25 non-refundable deposit from you by May 5th.
- ALL money MUST BE COLLECTED AND TURNED IN by Sunday, June 6th or there will be a late fee.
- This trip is awesome.
- The trip will be detailed in a letter soon to come.